Anyway, before I
These strips test the alcohol in your breast milk. Let me tell you that I was quick to judge any mom that felt the need to use these. I thought (and said to several people) "seriously, if you've had enough to drink that you feel the need to test your milk, then you probably shouldn't even think about giving that milk to your child. And if you are that worried about your child drinking your milk, then maybe you shouldn't drink!". Well, again, I had to eat my words. Being a working mom and trying to breast feed is difficult. Breast milk is honestly like gold. So, yes, I used them...and yes, I was glad the product existed. Honestly, there were times that this mommy just needed a drink. And having to pour your milk down the drain is a terrible feeling!
Kevin sent me this picture the other morning, apparently Reese likes reading the directions to the left over test strips! Very good reading material indeed!



That picture is awesome.
ReplyDeleteI think the funniest thing is that when we were both pregnant I was judgmental about NOT breast feeding and then sure enough, I didn't. You were the opposite and then did. So funny. I think being a mom as made me MUCH less judgmental of other parents. Gotta do what works for you!
Where were those when I was breastfeeding?!?!?! Oh and just so you know, I totally felt the same way...even though I breastfed all three of my kids, I would still get freaked out about it all over again each time I was pregnant. Once the baby was here and in my arms though, I was fine.
ReplyDelete