Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Poor Doggy

Today at school I was doing articulation therapy with a second grader.  Without getting into too many details, this is where we practice a sound that they are having difficulty pronouncing.  So, with this little guy the drill was to practice the words 5 times each and then make a sentence using the targeted word.  The sound we were working on was the / v /, the word was vet.

Student: vet, vet, vet, vet, vet  My dog had to go to the bet today for surgery.
Me: Nope, I heard a / b / try that sentence again.
Student:  My dog had to go to the vet today to get his balls cut off.

Holy cow!  Perfect / v / sound....freaking funny sentence!  It was really hard for me to keep a straight face :)  Poor doggy!

6 comments:

  1. That is hilarious! Kids say the funniest things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you posted this. I am cracking up....and almost spit tea on my computer. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOLOLOLOL!!! You should devout an entire blog to the things your kids say at school!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!! Oh how I miss funny stories from kiddos at school!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these stories. Please post at least once a week so I can laugh uncontrollably at them while my kids look at my like I"m crazy.

    ReplyDelete