On February 17th Reese and I joined my friend Debbie and her kiddos, Alex and Abby, at the zoo. It was a beautiful day shortly after the winter storm so we were eager for some fresh air! As much as I want Reese to like the zoo she could totally care less. This is the second time we have tried and while I will say she did better this time, she still didn't love it. Reese and Alex shared the wagon. They were pretty stinkin cute riding around together. They also shared all of their snacks and enjoyed passing them back and forth.
Here are some of of the highlights:
1. Our first stop was the monkey house. As we were walking in there were a couple of zoo employees holding the door open. They said "welcome to the birthday party"! At this, Debbie and I both panic and start reversing..."oh, we aren't here for a party". Then they informed us it was one of the monkey's birthdays and that everyone is invited...how nice, huh?! I got Reese out to see the monkeys and she started crying...awesome start to the day. Then Debbie went to get us party hats and cupcakes...but they were out...okay, batting zero here!
2. Next we went to see the elephants. Alex liked the elephants....Reese could have cared less....Debbie and I had a good laugh and a learning experience :) As we walked up the elephant was peeing....let me just say that his "thing" was hanging so low it was dragging the ground and I thought it was his trunk!! Wow, I am so naive sometimes!!
3. The penguins were the only animal that Reese really paid attention to.
5. It was lunch time....Debbie was a super prepared mom, I was a super unprepared mom (story of my life). Debbie whips out sandwiches....I ran to the vending machine and bought Pop Tarts.
6. The kiddos played on the playground.
All in all we had an excellent time! I look forward to going back again :)
Sunday, March 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

fun times, my friend, fun times! thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete