Okay, so I am being a sappy mess (Kevin thinks it's just because I'm a girl). Today marked the first day of my spring break. Reese woke up and was super sweet. I had already decided that I was taking her to school today so that I could get some stuff done...without dragging her all over Tulsa. She was in a great mood and extra loving, which made me feel REALLY guilty when I dropped her off. I left her school and started crying. I don't really know why (since I had taken her there voluntarily) but I did. I cried because I missed her, I cried because she is growing up so fast, I cried because I am so proud of the little girl that she is becoming, I cried and cried and cried.
Then feeling like a complete lunatic, I got myself together. I ran several errands and did some stuff around the house. Finally, I sat down to read my blogs (this is one of my favorite things to do, because I
stalk follow several blogs). That is when I came across this
post by my friend Carissa....okay, flood gates opened up again! I cried my eyes out. It hit me...and it hit me hard that Reese will never have a big brother...and like Emmy, my big brother has comforted me and encouraged me my entire life.
My big brother, Scott, is my best friend (this statement was made in front our of spouses one time and struck a VERY funny
argument debate discussion)! He is over 5 years older than me, so we have never fought over toys or rooms or friends or our parents attention. He took me under his wing and has guided and inspired me my entire life. I look up to him in every way and constantly seek his approval. I admire the husband and father that he has become. I am so proud of the fact that he is going back to school to get a master's degree in order to better provide for his family....being in graduate school is not easy, especially with a family. His dedication and disciple to school is unbelievable...he even had to spend his first semester in Texas away from his family...and he made a 4.0! Brother and I have some amazing memories together. I hate that we live in different states now, but we still talk (almost daily). My big brother ROCKS! I love you Scott!
This picture has always been one of my favorites. It gives a small glimpse into the amount of love and admiration I have for my big brother.
 |
| Okay, so maybe I was a tomboy. I mean look at those sweat pants....there is a good chance that they were Scott's before they were mine...they are HUGE!! |
Love it, Sarah. Love that we were on the same sibling page yesterday!
ReplyDeleteI love you too Shoes!
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet post. Sorry I made you cry. But then again, I guess I'm not sorry since it made you write this awesome tribute to your big brother. I hope and pray that Easton and Emmy can continue being close and have the relationship that you and Scott have when they grow up! Love you!
ReplyDelete