Happy St. Patrick's Day!!
Did anyone find their pot of gold?! Looking back at the last time Kevin and I actually "celebrated" St. Patrick's Day made me smile....but also made me realize how much we have truly changed. Having children is a wonderful, wonderful gift...but being a responsible parent isn't always as fun! Sometimes I miss our carefree days! Our last "true" St. Patrick's Day is definitely one for the books. We spent St. Patrick's Day 2008 (like I said, it's been awhile) in Heidelberg, Germany with our friends Brooke and Kurt. That trip was AMAZING! Kevin and I hope to make it back there again...even though Brooke and Kurt don't live there anymore.
Our St. Patrick's Day celebration "German" style went down like this....the night began at a friend of Kurt and Brooke's apartments. I was told that we were going to a cookout. I was foaming at the mouth all day thinking about a true German bratwurst....let me say I was
Kevin and I on Adam's patio. Please note the AMAZING Heidelberg Castle in the background...are you kidding me?!
Me and Brooke
The Crew: Me, Kevin, Kurt, and Brooke...getting ready to hit the town!
After Adam's house we headed out to a local bar. Heidelberg is such a quaint and cozy place! We walked down the cobble stone streets, you could just feel the history! Our appearances go down hill a little bit from this point on :) Plus the quality of the photos is pretty brutal....
We are SO fun!!
I love Brooke's face in this one....and I'm not 100% sure that my eyes are open....oops!
Getting kissed is SO much better than getting pinched!
That was St. Patrick's Day 2008....pretty amazing night! We were young, fun, carefree, irresponsible, and not terribly worried about the potential of a hangover.
Fast forward 3 years to present day, St. Patrick's Day 2011. Reese and I did our very best to scrounge up some green. Kevin failed miserably and got pinched several times. We ate tacos, drank water, put Reese to bed, and are now sitting on the couch both trying to stay awake (not because we have had any green beer, but simply because in our present state, if we sit for more than a minute or two we have to fight off sleep)...we may nor may not already be in our jammies as well!!

If that blog doesn't perfectly illustrate the difference between pre and post baby life, then I don't know what does. P.S. Thanks alot, now I want to go to Germany. And we all know that's not happening anytime soon.
ReplyDeleteWe don't even have kids, and we didn't do anything. We ordered pizza and watched TV. I didn't even scrounge up any green, but a lady in my office told me she was wearing "green panties" and that's what I should do next time.
ReplyDelete