Kevin and I have this terrible addiction to Ben and Jerry's ice cream! It is possibly the best ice cream EVER! I mean, how to you resist flavors like...
Cherry Garcia - Cherry Ice Cream with Cherries & Fudge Flakes
Peanut Brittle - Peanut Brittle Ice Cream with Peanut Brittle Pieces & a Caramel Swirl
Dulce Delish - Rich Caramel Ice Cream with Dark Caramel Swirls
I remember a few years ago telling Kevin that I was craving some Cherry Garcia. He went to the store and bought the Blue Bell version (chocolate covered cherry...or something like that?!). Anyway, it wasn't NEARLY as good. Shortly after that I made an official introduction between Kevin and Cherry Garcia...it has been love ever since.
So, as I've mentioned, Casa de Launchbaugh isn't the healthiest place on earth. We are known to (almost weekly) have our own individual cartons of Ben and Jerry's which we sit on the couch and indulge in late at night. I honestly haven't ever given it much thought....it is my delicious treat that I look forward to...that was until recently when my friend Wicker commented on the serving size of crackers....
(Background information....at Wicker's Sip and See several of us started snacking. Snacking is one of my best talents...I'm really good at it :) Anyway, Casey introduced us to some new crackers. I was taking them down when Wicker made a comment along the lines of "Yeah, they were really good. I ate about 30 and then noticed the serving size was 7." At this she stopped eating...but I continued for the gold!)
A few nights later, as I lounged on the couch with Peanut Brittle ice cream dripping off my chin, I decided to look at the serving size and nutritional content...BAD IDEA!! My little carton of ice cream that I consume on a weekly basis has 4 servings (which I turn into 2 - 3) and a total of 60 fat grams....no, that was not a typo 60 fat grams!
I was devastated and must admit that it has made me slow down my consumption...a little...well, sort of :)
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh my gosh I was laughing so hard as I read this! I say if you can stay as skinny as you are an still have your Ben and Jerry's, have at it girl and don't worry about it! :)
ReplyDelete